Tuesday, October 10, 2006

People Come Into Our Lives For a Reason

I'm so excited about the trip to New York. Cheryl and I are e-mailing multiple times daily and speaking on the phone every other day. Today I bought tickets for the Wicked backstage tour on Saturday morning and she made our dinner reservations — Fresco by Scotto on Friday night and Café Un, Deux, Trois on Saturday night. Ah, profiteroles. I'm listening to the Wicked soundtrack in the car and at my desk. The multitudinous men in my life right now are all sitting in the back seat, in a clump, until I get back from New York. (She laughed, reveling in this unprecedented time in her life.)

This morning I again drank in the lyrics of "For Good". (I posted them on 9/11, if you want to go into the September archive and read them again.)

And I do believe that people come into our lives for a reason. Sometimes I look back at the building blocks that certain people, particularly the men, in my life have been. Terry got me my sons and moved me to Texas, where I hooked up with IBM. Dick got me to my beloved D.C., where I was able to get my B.S. and J.D. The Washington Chorus brought John and happiness into my life. EEFFH was very generous to my kids and helped them craft the beautiful life they have in Tucson.

Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you
I have been changed for good

<Totally Off Topic and Away From Melancholy>
Things I love about technological advances: free long distance and paying bills online. :-)

No comments: