Friday, October 13, 2006

A New York Minute

Totally off-topic

Just a quick note before I fall into bed. I've had a headache since I woke up this morning, but I persevered and had fun anyway.

Cheryl and I had lunch at a darling little café, Lyn's, on 55th between 5th and 6th. Then we wandered through stores, stopped at Dean & Deluca's for coffee, then back to the hotel to rest our feet for an hour. Then we were off to Fresco by Scotto for a fabulous Italian dinner, then to the Gershwin for Wicked. I knew Ana Gasteyer had just started as Elphaba on the 10th of this month. What I didn't know was that she had opened the Chicago production in that role. And, Wowzers!, what a voice.

A beautiful day, wonderful times with a friend of 37 years' duration, fabulous theatre.

G'night.

No comments: