Monday, October 09, 2006

It Don't Mean a Thing If It Ain't Got That Zing!"

Okay, so the song title is Swing, not Zing, and it applies to jazz. But does it also apply to relationships? How important is zing, chemistry, that pitter-pat of your heart?

I've stated that when I sat down across from Mr. Match the first time, lightning struck the table. The chemistry was powerful, almost palpable. But in the long run, that didn't matter, did it?

I absolutely believe that honor and respect and kindness and thoughtfulness and decency are more important than zing, but can one have an enduring relationship without the zing, or will you feel a distinct hole in the relationship if the zing isn't there?

I have no answers, only questions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I suspect that it is fairly easy to have an enduring relationship without the zing, but the people in those kinds of relationships might as well refer to themselves as "roommates." I would *never* be in/stay in a so-called romantic relationship that has no zing.

Kayaker