Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Age-Appropriate Dating

There's a reason people should start dating when they're 16ish, then get married and stay married for the rest of their natural lives. Dating is fricking exhausting!

This week I have three rehearsals and two performances, plus Pi Phi notices to put out for several upcoming events. I'm trying to copy 13 pages of music into notation software so I can let the computer transpose it for me rather than figuring it all out in my head. And a very busy week at work.

The Gardener asked me to keep tonight open for him, and I'm afraid I'm going to have to say, "If you want to bring dinner over and feed me, fine. Otherwise, see you next week."

A desert island is sounding pretty good right now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you're looking for sympathy regarding your perpetually busy schedule (by virtue of the fact that you've posted it the studio audience), you won't get any from me. I don't support self-inflicted torture.

- Kayaker

jc said...

I was thinking more along the lines of explanation, not sympathy. I have a therapist to whom I turn for sympathy and understanding. And it's not self-inflicted torture, just self-inflicted fatigue. One by one, the items drop from the to-do list.

TJ said...

As long as the To-Doer does not herself drop, you're doing okay.