Tuesday, October 03, 2006

New, Old, Who Can Tell the Difference?

Yesterday morning I nosed around on Match and saw that the Lemonade Tycoon had posted his profile again. He took it down last March after he had been dating me for a couple of weeks.

I e-mailed a man I had had dinner with two years ago to see if he'd like to have dinner again. He said he thought he'd pass.

I received my weekly "Here's your next Match" e-mail and I've gone out with or e-mailed with (or am totally disinterested in) over half the men in the note.

All of those things told me it's time to just totally and completely give up on Match.

I thought maybe I'd try eHarmony one more time. I mean, really, my way of thinking is so skewed right now after all this nonsense with Mr. Match, How could my test results possibly be the same as they were a year ago?

Alas! eHarmony still feels they can't do anything for me.

I give up. Mr. Right is going to have to ride up out of nowhere on his motorcycle or accost me in the lobby of the Music Hall or throw a peach at me in Safeway. I am 99.8% resigned to it never happening online.

No comments: