Thursday, October 12, 2006

It's a Brave New World

I mentioned I'm seeing more than one man. That's about the only statement I'm going to make about this fact, as several of them read this blog and I'm not a great poker player!

But the question comes to mind: When one is in this position and is invited to a "couples" event, how does she choose which of these many and varied and unique men to accompany her?

Possibilities:
1) On Project Runway, the names of the contestants are written on a button and dropped into a velvet bag. Hmmm, the names could be written on a . . . . Oh, stop it! That wasn't where I was going at all!
2) The names could be written on cards and tossed in the air. Pick up those that land face-up and toss again. The final card to land face-up is the winner.
3) A detailed spreadsheet could be maintained, listing likes and dislikes, interests and I-don't-cares. Then the person who was interested in the particular activity would be chosen. What if more than one man had an interest in the activity? Some weighting method would have to be implemented.
4) Bids. As pilots bid on routes, all the men involved could bid on the activity. Let's see — would the lowest bid or the highest bid be the winner?
5) LIFO. The person with whom one had a date the farthest in the past would jump to the front of the queue. That way the men would be in constant rotation. But that's self-defeating, because no one of the men would ever ask me out. He'd be at the top of the list and therefore disqualified from the next event. So the LIFO queue would only consist of times I had done the asking, not when the man had asked.
6) Or, you just ask the one you like the best to accompany you to the activity or event. Pretty soon the list is down to one. Hmmmm.

Other ideas? Feel free to add a comment telling me a better way to do this. Oh yeah, there's the "go alone, without a date, to the events in question." But wait, that's what I was doing before the calendar turned to 2006.

- - - - -
Okay, enough silliness for tonight. I gotta go finish packing. "My little town blues are melting away . . ."

1 comment:

TJ said...

I generally go with 3, then 5. Only with chicks.