Sunday, October 22, 2006

Great and Not-So-Great Expectations

When I met the Lemonade Tycoon, I was looking for a permanent man in my life. I don't believe I ever thought I had found him therein, but I did think there was something really nice and synergistic and long-term happening there. Then he ended it and I started looking again. That time I was not looking for Mr. Right. I was looking for Mr. Right Now, someone to hang out with for the summer. With Mr. Match, all signs pointed to my having finally found Mr. Right. I was shocked and thrilled. As he faded away (or, more accurately, disappeared), I started looking again. This time, I don't think I have a clue what I'm looking for, or what I expect to find. I think I'm not expecting to find anything.

What I have found is a really wonderful friend, fun to be with, smart, a Really Good Guy. And then I found another good guy, a romantic, affectionate guy who does one thoughtful thing after another and continually surprises and delights me.

Holy Catz!! How did I get so lucky?

No comments: