Saturday, October 14, 2006

Autumn in New York (Tra la)

Totally and completely off-topic, yet again

Yes, I know we all say living in Tucson is like living in Paradise. But I absolutely love Fall on the East Coast. I love the autumn leaves, I love the crisp temperatures and the wind, I love the enthusiasm and excitement that's in the air.

Cheryl and I walked back down 8th Avenue from the theatre at noon, looking at $5 pashmina shawls and beaded bags and funnel cakes and crepes with Nutella and fresh strawberries. I could move back to the East Coast in a heartbeat, if I hadn't already moved out of the real estate market here and into the lesser market in Tucson.

We had lunch at that distinctly New York establishment: Olive Garden. Okay, so we both love the salad and breadsticks. And the glass of pinot grigio put us in the right frame of mind for an afternoon nap. Now we're off to eat yet again, this time Cafe Un Deux Trois. I'm thinking maybe I'll just have a cup of tea and the profiteroles for dinner! How decadent would that be?

Do I have to leave already in the morning? The trip is too short, and I've enjoyed every moment of it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You wrote:

"...living in Tucson is like living in Paradise."

I didn't know "Paradise" is a barren, rock-hard inferno where trees struggle to get above 20 feet.

- Kayaker