Tuesday, September 19, 2006

A Quick Story

I'm feeling overwhelmed today with all my volunteer activities. The Washington Chorus, Tucson Chamber Artists, and Tucson Alumnae of Pi Beta Phi all need undivided attention. It's impossible! So I'm going to be lying a little low here for the duration of this week. I'll try to post each day, but it won't be as compelling as some posts in the past have been.

To keep your interest, I'll tell you a quick story about the guy on the shores of the Potomac, the first guy I dated after John's death. Oh yeah, you know him as llama guy.

We had gone out to dinner at a nice restaurant on upper Wisconsin Avenue, near the intersection with Massachusetts Avenue. The restaurant had white tablecloths, was not overly quiet but was not a noisy eatery. Got the picture?

So we're eating dinner and his cell phone rings. He answers and proceeds to give his 16yo daughter extensive instructions, not sotto voce, on how to work the television and the DVD player. After glares from me and my whispered admonitions to "take it outside", he did. But only after disturbing all the diners around us for approximately five minutes. Astonishing, the lack of consideration.

Oh yeah, this was the guy who went to the funeral of a dear friend who had been murdered, shot point blank, by her ex-husband, and neglected to turn off his cell phone.

Some breakups need no explanation!

No comments: