Thursday, September 07, 2006

The Glory of Aging

I know, that's something you've never heard me say before. Usually I say "aging sux" and that follows some occurrence like not being able to remember something I said yesterday or not being able to find my keys or not being able to uncross my legs after I've sat cross-legged in my desk chair for an hour.

Yesterday I was Googling around for something (I can't remember what!) and found a blog entitled This Fish Needs a Bicycle. I read for a couple of minutes and was quickly taken by the way this woman writes.

This morning as I was reading her writing again, I came across the post that I directed you to in the link above. And I was struck with how lucky I am that the men I meet don't say things like "can I reserve you for a make-out session" or "bring your A-game".

And besides aging, I believe there's glory to living in a city as "small-town" as Tucson. I can't even imagine dating in NYC!

Oh, the other thing I found on this woman's iVillage blog? The information that Greg Behrendt has a show beginning next Tuesday. You can bet that will be on my TiVo season pass list!

(If you don't know who Greg Behrendt is, he's the former Sex and the City writer, God bless him, who coined the phrase "he's just not that into you".) (And further to yesterday's furor, I do believe Mr. Match is into me, in his own très unique way.) (Time will tell.)

No comments: