Thursday, September 14, 2006

Just to Set the Record Straight

If you've never visited or participated in an online dating site, I want to make sure you're fully aware of the wealth of quality dating material that exists in that forum.

I've been back online in this incarnation for eleven weeks now. I think I've gotten, maybe, eight or nine e-mails during that time. Today I got one from a purportedly (no one knows you're a dog on the Internet, right?) 61yo man in Silver Spring, Maryland.

He writes:

HELLO MY ANGEL,
NICE MEETING YOU SWEET QUEEN ,YOU ARE REALLY BEATIFUL AND CAUGHT UP WITH MY BEAUTY.NICE PICTURE AND I KNOW IN FINDING YOU MY SEARCH TOUR IS OVER AND WILL LIKE TO GET TO KNOW YOU BETTERHAVING FIND YOU TODAY AM NOT GONNA LET YOU GO TILL YOU BLESS ME WITH THE SPIRIT OF LOVE AND COMPASSION.I WILL DO ANYTHING POSSIBLE TO MAKE YOU HAPPY SO PLEASE MAIL ME,PLEASE USE THE ABOVE EMAIL ADDRESS TO MAIL ME .I HOPE TO HEAR FROM U SOON,TAKE CARE.
BY EDD

I changed nothing in his note beyond removing his e-mail address. Now really, doesn't that make you want to run right out and buy a plane ticket to D.C.?

To Edd I'll say, your search tour is absolutely not over.

And to Mr. Match and the Kayaker and the Traveler, you guys don't even realize what miraculous finds you are!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think that e-mail was real. I'm betting it was one of
those Nigerian-type scams, that just happened to start on a dating
site. Patrick got one of those not long ago, and I'm on a site I
check once a week or so, and I get messages or winks from profiles
that have been deleted. Nice to know that women get this shit too.

Still, really a kick when you're down, no?

TJ

Anonymous said...

I'm on match, too, and I just got a wink from a 33 year old in South Africa. She's certainly taken care to fill out her profile correctly. She says she's 2' 11" and is ultra conservative politically, wants one child. Bless her heart, she doesn't want a man who'll make her cry. Her eating habits are "fast food," and her only interest is in cooking. I wonder what she cooks, if all she eats is fast food: French fries with lard a la mode? At least she's white, and is attractive. I guess that's all that matters. ;-)

The Kayaker