Thursday, January 24, 2008

You Wanna Be My Friend?

Last night Peter IM'd me and asked about the trip to Ohio. We also chatted about the upcoming Brahms concert, for which I'm getting him two tickets. He mentioned he was bringing a woman from Austria, and I said she'd be critiqueing our German pronunciation.

As we signed off, he typed, "G'night Friend."

Well, just stab me in the heart. I know he's not interested in me. He reportedly wants a relationship, and that would mean the person lived in Tucson. I've got one foot out the door. But "Friend?" C'mon!

"G'night Sweetheart" is a nice thing to say. If you don't feel the "sweetheart" in what you've got going on, a simple "G'night" will do. "G'night Jan" is good, also. Lets me know you remember my name or remember who you're talking to of all the women you're interested in.

"G'night Friend?"

Ouch.

No comments: