Thursday, January 31, 2008

Greetings from Box Central


Isn't it wonderful to have a friend help you with packing boxes and such when you're moving? Rudi is the perfect helper. He holes up in a corner (literally!) and nods his approval of all I'm doing.

What I'm doing is trying to figure out what goes and what stays. Part of the mathematical equation is (cost of moving) + (cost of long-term storage) vs. (replacement cost). Oh yeah, and whether I have touched that item in the past year-and-a-half.

The tireder I get, the greater the number of things that get tossed in the latest Goodwill box or posted in the "free" category on craigslist. Thank the Powers-That-Be for Craig, whoever he is.

I'm developing a real short-timer attitude at work. I was in a meeting this morning where the woman on my team who will be assuming that particular responsibility was also in attendance. I basically paid no attention and bluffed my way out whenever I was asked a question. Horrible! Not me! I don't care.

The problems our team has had with this particular manager of the past almost-two years has really colored my opinion of the IBM of today. It's sad, really. But I am tremendously better off with this new job and the new life I'm getting ready to craft.

Right now I am tired. I think I'll go to bed and pet my packer-helper.

No comments: