Tuesday, January 01, 2008

I'm Gonna Marry Me a Handyman

Damn damn damn damn damn

This afternoon I thought I heard water running, but then I walked down the hall and thought it must have been the computer in the other bedroom. I'm so stupid. I got home from dinner now and again I hear water running in my bathroom. My toilet is not running. The toilet in the hall bath is not running. The faucet in the tub is not running. And it's not the computer.

If I'd been thinking this afternoon, I would have called the plumber then. I could have waited for him all evening and missed the horrible dinner date I had this evening. Just horrible. Now it's ten o'clock (the ball just dropped in the east, so it's really January 1st now) on New Year's Eve and there ain't a plumber in this town that I'm going to be able to find.

And I'm mad. I'm sick and tired of being pressured by this house and all my mortgages and trying to figure out what to do about everything in my life.

I'm tired of being single and not having a partner or companion to bounce things off of. I'm sick of stupid men who say they want a relationship, but don't, really. (Nobody recently, just all the stupid men over the past ten years. Ten years.)

I'm so angry that I'm going to have to call a plumber tomorrow, on New Year's Day, to come figure out if my pipes burst last night. And pay enough to put all his children through college.

I've let my DirecTV go to conserve funds, so now I don't hear the 10 o'clock news and don't have Chuck George or whomever to tell me, "it's going to freeze tonight, so protect your pipes." Why did Mr. Whoever Built This House leave the pipes out where they could freeze.

Angry. Angry. Angry.

Would somebody please just burn this house down so I can pay off the mortgages with the insurance money and walk away.

Really. Just save me from myself.

I hate*Hate*HATE being single. Just hate it.

And Happy New Year to you, too.

No comments: