Saturday, January 26, 2008

No Day is Wasted

I took yesterday off to work on the house. The initial goal was to find the missing bracket for the living room ceiling fan so Frank could finish hanging it. I found many miscellaneous things, but not that bracket.

The plumber came and installed a new toilet in the hall bath. While the old toilet was out, I touched up the paint on the wall behind the toilet. While I had the paintbrush out, I touched up a spot on the music room wall. I set aside containers of glass and tools for stained glass projects to give to the Tucson Unified School District's OMA (Opening Minds Through the Arts) program. Started a Goodwill box. Pulled aside various bits of dichroic and fuseable glass, a hummingbird feeder, and other things that Frank will enjoy having. Went to pick up my ring that I finally decided to have set and wear and enjoy rather than leaving it in a drawer and fuming about it. [Note to Ridley (who can't read yet, but this note makes you all witnesses): This is your ring, Darlin'. When I die, your mother can wear it until she deems you're ready to own a 3ct diamond.] Went to the lighting store to get the part that Frank needed and a replacement "schoolhouse" shade for the Arizona room fan. Got a call from Akron that I will receive a job offer today. Got a call from the painter telling me to go to Dunn-Edwards and pick out the paint I want for the kitchen and he'll repaint it. Spoke to the plumber to find out why they hadn't finished the work and learned Danny's wife had a baby on Thursday night. Spoke with the realtor and made appointment for Sunday to sign the listing agreement. Spoke with Millie and made date for lunch on Sunday with her and Beth. Went to Rio and had fish tacos and schmoozed with my boys. Got a movie from Blockbuster and sat in bed, beading and watching. Spoke with Bindy about how to finish all these bead crochet ropes.

Whew.

So I may not have gotten a lot done on organizing the sewing room, but I got a lot done! And I have two more days to get a lot done, with time out to jump up and down when I receive the job offer in about three hours.

No comments: