Thursday, January 24, 2008

My New Favorite Phrase

"There was a fallacy in his reasoning."

This came up in a meeting today. Instead of saying "He's full of shit," the speaker said, "There was a fallacy in his reasoning."

And while we're talking about people with fallacious reasoning, an IBMer who is responsible for managing all the storage announcements called my IBM manager to plea for me to be able to telecommute. Losing me from her team is going to be an enormous hardship to this woman.

My IBM manager, Ken, told this woman that my agency had never asked for me to be able to telecommute. That is an out-and-out lie. My agency manager asked him several times with several different perspectives, until she was told that Ken never wanted to discuss the matter again. Afraid of losing the IBM contract, my agency manager just dropped the subject.

As Ken seems to have not only faulty reasoning but a faulty memory, I made one more request today, very carefully worded after several meetings with my team lead and another woman on the team. My agency manager told me she would make the request, in writing to maintain a trail, and would let me know the result.

My perfect world has always been being able to keep this job and telecommute from Youngstown.

We'll see . . . .

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Law of Attraction

Be Clear on what you want

Set Your Intent / Ask the Universe

Be in a State of Allowing (or Ohio)

The Universe will bring it to you (in some form) don't set expectations!

:)