Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Flannel Pajamas!

I got a note from our dear Youngstown friend Ron yesterday. He was encouraging me to get rid of as much "stuff" as possible before the move. He and Marcia moved eight years ago, from a big old Colonial overlooking Crandall Park into a modern ranch in the next zip code. He told me they still have boxes in the garage that they haven't unpacked.

I'm doing lots of thinking about what I haven't used, what to get rid of, what will cost less to replace than to move and store. I'll be offering most everything to the beleaguered TSO musicians, hoping maybe they can find things they need and simply don't have the money for during this horrible no-contract year. And I keep checking in with Tyler: "Do we need this? Can we use that?"

I'm going to give all my stained glass materials and tools to Tucson Unified School District's Opening Minds Through the Arts (OMA) program, after letting my boss pick out what she wants. She told me she and her sister are going to start stained glass classes, and she's been so wonderful to me that I want to give her something to remember me by.

I keep giving things to Frank. He loves antiques. I gave him an antique kerosene lantern, probably 150 years old, that will fit right into his eclectic decorating. And I gave him a propane outdoor heater that will allow him and whatever lady is currently in his life to sit in the garden when it's cool. And my bird feeder and the great big stand to hang it from. And some dichoric glass too good and expensive to give to the school district. He wouldn't let me pay him for hanging my lights, but I've given him far more in desireable household stuff than I would have paid any other electrician. Gonna miss him horribly.

I've made two trips to Goodwill already, and there are more trips to come. I'm feeling overwhelmed about getting the house ready to show, but have just realized that my perfectionism must take a back seat to my sanity.

But what will I need in the mother-in-law suite over the garage? Flannel pajamas! I freeze when I'm up there. I bought a heated mattress pad for my bed, but still need flannel pajamas. And the good heavyweight flannel PJs at Garnet Hill are all out-of-stock. Where can I find flannel pajamas when stores, both online and brick-and-mortar, are showing Spring clothing?

Flannel pajamas. Size Large. That's my new mission.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OnlyPajamas.com