Friday, January 18, 2008

Quick Check-in

Just to let you know I haven't disappeared from the face of the earth:


  • Easy flight up, connecting in O'Hare

  • Gorgeous views from the plane from O'Hare to Pittsburgh, snow-dusted landscapes, glinting in the sun. I always love seeing the trees after living so long in the desert.

  • I rang the doorbell and Boston and Ridley came to the door. Ridley was totally surprised to see me, and ran upstairs to tell her mother, "Grandma's home." What a big smile on my face!

  • Excellent interview on Thursday afternoon with Randy Horton of Turning Technology. My understanding is I'm in the top two of eleven contenders for the internal development manager opening.

  • Easy one-hour drive to Akron this morning. This trip was no longer, timewise, than my drive from Continental Ranch to Rita Road when I started at IBM in 2006. And when you think about it, I drive about 35 minutes now and then walk 10 minutes, so this would not be a much longer commute than I currently have.

  • Two hours of interviews at Virtual Hold. More later.

  • Visited a few homes with my realtor this afternoon. More later.

  • Took the babies to McDonald's tonight for long playtime on the indoor playground. We appreciate those indoor playgrounds in the summer in Tucson, but now I understand the beauty of the playgrounds in the winter in the north!

  • Just sitting down to a game with Tyler and Jaci, and will continue this report tomorrow, when the high in Youngstown will be 15 degrees.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Thank goodness - you have had me on pins and needles xoxojill

Traveler said...

Me too! 15 degrees? Yikes!