Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Forget About Tomorrow! The Sun Came Out Today!!

My painter got off his high horse and started patching and painting without cash in hand. When I got home last night from my CYT gig, I almost passed out from fumes when I walked into the house. I lugged the air filter out of my studio and brought it into my bedroom and was able to make it through the night. Today I found $350 for the painter and he went to buy paint.

This morning the wonderful movers from Nicolosi Moving came and took about 5 pieces of furniture and a bunch of boxes to my storage unit. Then they took my entertainment center out to Brett, the Traveler's son, who is simply thrilled to have this high quality piece of furniture in his home.

When I came back from the storage unit (via Wendy's for a single-with-only-lettuce-and-tomato), my phone rang with a 330 area code. It was Turning Technologies, with whom I had a preliminary phone interview in late October or early November. The young woman said they'd like to set up another phone interview. When I told her I'd be in Youngstown next week, she decided that was an acceptable alternative.

Wednesday the 16th I fly to Pittsburgh, rent a car, and drive to 5th Avenue, where I will ring the doorbell and surprise Boston and Ridley (at their request). Thursday at 1:00 p.m. I will have an interview at Turning Technologies. Friday at 10:00 a.m. I will have an interview at Virtual Hold Technology in Akron. I'll fly back Monday evening, the 21st (MLK).

And today my IBM colleague told the IBM launch manager, Mary Lou, about my interview. Most of my work is in support of product launches (announcements), and Mary Lou relies heavily on me. According to my colleague, Mary Lou was very upset to hear I might leave and suggested she take up my cause with the IBM manager. I don't think it will do a whit of good, but it sure is nice to feel valued.

That's enough goodness for one day. I've got to now tackle the pile of papers in the computer room so the painter can transform this room tomorrow.

Karma. Wishes. Positive vibes. Good thoughts. Prayers. All will be appreciated.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

The next time you have indoor painting done, insist your painter use a VOC-free paint. Not only is it environmentally friendly, but it has zero fumes. Benjamin Moore, Olympic, Sherwin Williams, etc. all make it, and it should be the same price as "regular" paint.

jc said...

Jenn, you just demonstrated why it's good to have friends who are interior designers on their way to being architects! :-)