Monday, January 28, 2008

Water Works*

*Not the Monopoly property.

My imminent departure is really sinking in, and I'm realizing what wonderful friends I have here and how hard I've worked to make my place in Tucson. Every time I talk to someone and realize that I won't see them again for a very long time, if ever, I feel tears welling up in my eyes.

I moved out here in January of 2000 with a fiancé who emotionally abandoned me almost as soon as we got here. I used Pi Phi and, later, arts and crafts classes to meet people, make friends, and find myself.

Now I'm going to leave, eight years older and light years wiser (and sans fiancé), and start over yet again.

I'm scared. I'm happy. I'm excited. I'm sad.

1 comment:

Traveler said...

Hey! I'll be seeing you in late May. That's not far away. Tucson won't be the same place without you.

Traveler