Saturday, January 05, 2008

Oh, How I Love Wi-Fi

For the past hour-and-a-half, I've been sitting in Beyond Bread, earphones plugged in so I could listen to Prairie Home Companion, responding to e-mails, posting on my fave listserve, playing Scrabulous on Facebook, glancing out the window at the gorgeous coral desert sunset, thinking - but for the loneliness - I've got a pretty decent life here.

I had a very fun day today, exploring Southern Arizona. Lee (the Traveler) and I drove first to Sierra Vista where he gave copies of his service records on the S2000 to the Honda dealer. Then we drove on to Bisbee and had breakfast at the Copper Queen, followed by a stroll up Main Street and visits to several galleries. Then the Queen of the Back Roads had to explore all the twisty windy back roads in Bisbee. Next we drove west on Route 92 and stopped to visit my cyberfriend Barbara, who has an absolutely incredible house on acreage six or so miles west of Bisbee. Really, in the middle of nowhere about four miles north of Mexico.

Lacking a winning lottery ticket, I will never have a house and studio as wonderful as what Barbara and her husband have crafted for themselves in Arizona, following lives in D.C. and Santa Barbara. Ever since my four long years with Steve, I've said money isn't all it's cracked up to be. But, in the case of this house, having creativity and taste and money together is a wonderful thing.

Creativity is, absolutely, all it's cracked up to be, and more!


View to the south from the deck outside Bob's office over the garage. The mountains in the distance are in Mexico.


View to the southwest. I believe Lee said those mountains are the Chiricahuas.

No comments: