Thursday, July 17, 2008

What's in a Name?

Boston and I have been taking "nature walks" (his terminology) every morning at 7:30 for two weeks now. We both consider this the best part of the day.

This morning, after spending the night at Grandma's "house" and staying up late telling me about stag beetles, he slept late and didn't feel like getting up and getting dressed to go for our walk. When I was downstairs packing my lunch, he raced into the kitchen, all dressed, and said he was ready to go for a walk.

"Oh Boston," I told him, "it's too late. I don't have time now to go."

"But . . .," he argued.

"If you'd like, and if I'm not too tired from my day," I countered, "we can go for a walk when I get home from work tonight."

"But it's a morning walk," he protested.

"I thought it was a nature walk. You can take a nature walk any time of day." I was doing my best to negotiate.

He would have none of it. "No, it's a morning walk."

"Well, when Rara gets up, see if she has time to go for a walk with you. Otherwise, we'll have to wait until tomorrow."

A rose is a rose!

No comments: