Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Money, Fallin' From the Sky-y

Remember that song from the early 60s "Raindrops, fallin' from the sky-y. It feels like ra-ain-drops, fallin' in my eye-eyes, fallin' in my eyes." I could sing it for you. I could play it for you on the piano. But I can't Google it and tell you who the artist was. It's just not coming up.

Anyway, when I got home last night, I had received a check from Countrywide. And it felt like money, not raindrops, was falling from the sky. Finally, Countrywide did something good for me. They released the escrow balance from the Continental Ranch house just in time for me to apply it to the short sale on the Chula Vista House. Another $1,250 that I won't have to pull from my IRA.

If you're keeping tabs, I'm at around $37,750 now. Today, after taking the car for some recall work, I'm going back to Ace Diamond and Jewelry Brokers and take a handful of things I pulled out of my jewelry stash on Sunday afternoon. I'm hoping the current price of gold will mean that handful of things will bring me, maybe, $500.

And while I'm sitting at the Acura dealer, I'll be working on more descriptions for eBay.

I'm all about money these days, in a non-Gold-diggerish sort of way!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sending big money vibes your way! (and well to be honest, my way too!)

Lucy said...

I'm getting Dee Clark, is that right? David Cassidy also came up, and I got a little too excited about that. Weird huh?

There's some money superstition thing about writing a check to "law of abundance," but I think it also involves a new or full moon. My details here are sketchy, but now I'll be singing David Cassidy for the rest of the afternoon...

"I woke up in love this morning..."

Jan Crews said...

Yes, Dee Clark is correct. The Traveler left a voicemail for me this morning telling me I should have just asked him and he would have told me — 1964 — and would have sung the whole thing for me. He actually sang part of it in the voicemail. Too bad he was sleeping in a time zone three hours earlier when I was writing the post!

Unknown said...

Law of Attraction does not need a full moon. It works every day. A good statement to say out loud or to write in a journal would me "Money is coming to me in unexpected ways everyday" I actually thought of that when I read the post.

Lucy said...

Thanks Barbara! See Jan, all your questions answered. What did we do before the internet?

Jan Crews said...

Okay, so on my last two MegaMillions tickets, I won $7. But Ladies, it's gonna take a lotta lotta weeks of $7 to pay off this $40K short sale!! (Oh, yeah, the seller just told me he wants me to pay $500 to repair the roof. Hit me again.)

Unknown said...

Reader's Digest pays for stories too! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$