Friday, July 11, 2008

Inspector Gadget

Okay, so Step Next is the inspection on the house. In my hope for a more reasonable buyer and price, I can always hope that the inspector comes up with 118 things that they want me to fix and I can say, "Nope. Take it or leave it. As is."

Of course, Dear Friend Jill says "Just sell and be done."

And BA says I can make 40 birthday bears (remember Ridley's birthday party?) and sell them for $1,000 each and have all the money I need. I read that suggestion in the car on the way home from the Akron Aeros baseball game last night and Laughed Out Loud.

And PianoLady has been in the hospital for a week with a suspected heart attack and I didn't even know it. Gee, I'm feeling pretty self-absorbed and like I'm not a very good friend!

It's about the money. It all stems from my lifelong fear of being a bag lady. If I had $40K sitting in an investment account, I wouldn't care. I'd liquidate it and throw it at the title agency and you wouldn't be hearing all this moaning and groaning. But I just scraped together $25K by the skin of my teeth two weeks ago. And now $40K? And I gotta bolster up my courage and ask my Mother if she's willing to help me out? Oh My God. My stomach ties in knots just typing the words. She could write the check to the title company without batting an eyelash, but Narcissistic Nellies aren't prone to take such action.

Oh well. I think I'll turn my jewelry drawer upside down this weekend and see if any eBay buyers are interested. This, too, shall pass.

No comments: