Saturday, July 26, 2008

Live Life Until You Can't Live It Any More

If you're one of the five or so people in the U.S. who has not heard of Dr. Randy Pausch, who succumbed to pancreatic cancer last week, I encourage you to visit his web page and read his "Last Lecture" or others of his writings.

I was interested to learn this morning that he also sewed. I'll be Googling that more as the days pass to learn more about his interest in that art form, and to what extent he pursued it.

And to all of us, I say: may we pursue our interests while we have the physical stamina, and not wait until the last possible moment.

Today I'm going to do laundry and go to the farmers' market and go to my company picnic (to show off my family) and play the piano at the big local Italian Festival and be grateful that I have the ability to do all those things.

1 comment:

Traveler said...

That's why I am retiring at 62. People in my circle say I'm silly to retire at the zenith of my earning capacity but, I never wanted to be the richest man in the graveyard. I want to enjoy life while I can still run three miles in 22 minutes and train and ride in the Tour de Tucson. I can't wait to have fun, fun, fun!

Traveler