Monday, June 04, 2007

Welcome Home, Traveler

Welcome home to my friend, the Traveler, Lee Aitken. He left Tucson on Sunday, May 13th, to ride his motorcycle to San Diego, then Ontario, CA, where he met up with about 1,000 other military veterans on motorcycles to ride to DC. Once in DC, this group who had ridden the farthest led the thousands of bikers on the Rolling Thunder parade from the Pentagon across the bridge into DC and past the Vietnam Memorial.

This ride Lee does every year is called Run for the Wall.

Lee arrived home yesterday morning after a 14-hour nightlong ride through Colorado, New Mexico and Arizona. I can't wait to hear all his stories when we have dinner later this week. But he has to get the feeling in his butt to return first!

1 comment:

Traveler said...

Thanks Jan, it's nice to be back home from an emotional journey across this great nation. I met and bonded with new friends, saw old friends again,played with the youngsters in Rainelle, WV. and cried at the Wall just like last year. I can't wait to go again next year and the year after that.

My daughter says she wants to go with me next year as so many daughters did this year with their dads. I saw husbands and wives renew and rebuild relationships on this ride and lovers grow closer together. It's magic!