Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Stupidest Questions

I don't suffer fools gladly, and sometimes innocent questions strike me as outlandish or merely dumb.

At the top of my list is "How did you sleep?" Certain-Husband-of-the-Past asked me that almost every morning for many years. I was asleep. I don't know how I slept. If I knew how I slept, then I didn't sleep well, dontcha think?

I'd love for the readers to add a comment and tell me their pet peeve stupid questions. And if you think I take everything too seriously, as Younger Son does, then you are allowed to tell me that, too. (she said, smiling)

3 comments:

TJ said...

Did he never explain, and/or did you never question, what he was really asking? It means "how rested did you feel when you woke up?" Also, when you feel like going into detail, "Did you wake up at all during the night?"

Not knowing which hubby that was, I'm still a touch....defensive, I guess? It's a fairly standard question in my repertoire, and I rely on it to show my concern and interest (in/for) my partner.

jc said...

So are you saying it's a showing-concern question more than an information-gathering question? And that the appropriate response is "Fine, thank you. And you?"

TJ said...

Um....yeah. I guess so. :-)