Thursday, June 21, 2007

Oh! My! God!

June 20, 2007, may just go down in history as one of the all-time great days in my life.

I met someone today. It makes me wonder if John gave himself a birthday present by dropping this man in my life, this totally, utterly, completely and absolutely suitable man. He's very intelligent, he's highly educated, he's cultured, he's musical. Oh, and he's very good looking and knows how to dress himself and keep a nice house. Can all of this be inside of one man?

I played for him, then he played for me and I was blown away. Blown Away! The jazz that's inside this man's head astonishes me. It doesn't matter that he is not yet facile enough to have the music seep out his fingers. I see what his hands do on the keys, and I understand what's inside his head. And it's phenomenal.

Okay, that's all I'm going to say about this topic, except to say he's a professor at the university and I could fall head over heels for this guy.

Can you imagine how wonderful it is to feel hope, just when you thought you'd never feel hope again?

No comments: