Sunday, June 24, 2007

A Mini-Travelogue

Frank and I got back from Scottsdale/Phoenix around 3:00 this afternoon. I then sashayed over to Talbot's to use my birthday coupon. (A new friend observed that I sashay when I walk. Is that a Southern thing?!) Alas, there was nothing at Talbot's that said, "Buy me." So I bought a pair of black leggings, then eased on down the road to Limited Additions, where I added a few pieces to my summer wardrobe.

To the PianoLady, I will confess that these pieces include an Eileen Fisher black knit dress To Die For. Perfect for playing the piano at Raz on Tuesday nights. I am a happy birthday girl!

This evening I went over to Rio Café for spinach salad and a glass of Excelsior — my routine. Kate-from-Chicago and her dad were there and she and I agreed to get together the next time she's in town. And Richard wouldn't let me pay for my dinner. He said it was my birthday present.

So all-in-all, I'd have to say it was a pretty spectacular birthday. If the past few days are an indicator of the year ahead, sign me up!

No comments: