Saturday, June 16, 2007

My Perfect World

A mere two weeks ago I posted that maybe my perfect world would be living in Tucson three weeks out of the month and in Youngstown one week.

Yesterday Donna, my boss/team lead/friend, called and said she thought Ken had acquiesced. She told him I was thinking about traveling back and forth between both cities, and Ken responded, "Then why would she leave?" Exactly! I would leave because I don't have twelve weeks of vacation, or even twelve days!

So the current plan is to get the appropriate software loaded on my laptop and to begin telecommuting on a limited basis with my late-July trip. After six to twelve months of this, I can reevaluate what I want to do. By then, Ken will have seen that I can successfully handle telecommuting and that there's no negative impact on the team. Or he'll have gotten a new job, God willing. Or I'll have gotten sick of the travel and just decide to retire!

To say I'm feeling relieved is a gross understatement!

No comments: