Wednesday, June 27, 2007

The Midas Touch

When Tyler was virtually living with me in high school and college, I frequently said that everything he touched turned to gold. He is such a gifted conductor, and did a fabulous job perfecting his technique, building musical groups, and developing his musical network.

I feel a bit of that magic has rubbed off on me and has manifested itself a bit in the past few weeks.

About six weeks ago I saw a notice in the Tucson Citizen about the Tucson Business Edge and their "40 Under 40" annual award. I suggested to my fellow Tucson Chamber Artists board members that we nominate our conductor and music director, Eric Holtan. Last week we were notified that he is one of the 60 finalists.

Then last week I e-mailed Bonnie Henry, who writes a local personalities column in the Arizona Daily Star, about the Traveler's coast-to-coast ride in the Run for the Wall. (See my earlier post.) The Traveler called me this morning to tell me he has been interviewed by Bonnie Henry and participated in a photo shoot with his bike yesterday. I was thrilled.

If good things come in threes, I wonder what else I can turn to gold with my touch.

No comments: