Friday, June 22, 2007

My Birthday Activities

Thanks to all for the wishes.

I received several e-cards yesterday. This morning several e-mails awaited me when I woke up.

I'm meeting Jill at 7:30 for coffee. Congratulations to Jill and David who are celebrating 39 years of marriage today. She knows all her single girlfriends want to be on the waiting list for David if she ever tires of him. He's a gem, but she is too, so this is a match made in heaven.

This afternoon Frank and I are driving to Scottsdale for the twilight (i.e. all the lights on) tour of Frank Lloyd Wright's Taliesin West. You may remember that Frank is a stained glass artist. He has lived in Tucson since the 70s and has never visited Taliesin West. The initial plan was to drive his cute little sportscar, but I said on second thought that we should take my car with the GPS and a little more room to stretch out.

We're staying at one of the many lovely resorts in Scottsdale and will probably have a breakfast that includes mimosas.

Tomorrow I'm taking him over to see the Arizona Biltmore Resort, which is attributed to Wright, but may have been done by his student. In any event, there's some more great Frank Lloyd Wright glass there.

Then we're going to run by Restoration Hardware, a store Frank is unfamiliar with and will absolutely love. When I told Frank the whole plan yesterday, his response was "You've got it all planned. I'm not going to have to make any decisions!" He sounded thrilled. Really.

(I should whisper in your ear that he's been having some problems with his 16yo son lately, and my goal on this trip is to pamper him and let him escape his problems for a few hours.)

So that's my day.

And my mother just called to wish me Happy Birthday! Last year she forgot my birthday, so this was quite nice. By the way, she didn't know if today was Friday or Saturday, but she knew it was the 22nd. That's a good sign.

No comments: