Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Is change the only predictable value in life?

So I told you my manager decided he'd let me telecommute a few days a month. Then two days later my boss (not my manager) called and said she thinks she's found another manager who wants me. This position would be higher up the food chain, five rungs below the vice president for worldwide marketing for IBM System Storage. This manager told my boss that she was going to go to the VP and tell her that they needed me on their team. (And that would be 100% telecommute. But I'd still be a contractor and still be making my piddly Tucson salary.)

Then today I get an e-mail from a software house in Cleveland asking for an interview. These are the people I sent a writing sample to last week and they want to move forward.

Darn. I thought I had everything figured out.

I guess if we don't keep changing we die, huh? At least that's what I've heard.

1 comment:

Traveler said...

That's "morphing." The only thing constant about morphing is change!

Ha!

Traveler