Friday, June 20, 2008

When He Was Good, He Was Very Good Indeed

And when he was bad, he was still pretty darned good!

Happy Birthday to my darling JR, who would have been 70 today. And he would have done it in style, as he did everything with great joie de vivre and style.

Last night we (Ty, Jaci and I avec les bebes) had dinner with Ron and Marcia, with whom we've been friends for fourteen years now. I pulled out the bottle of champagne that Tom and Judy Timberman had brought to John's and my wedding as a guest book. It's been hanging around with me, through the cancer battle, through moves, through various relationships and lives, since the wedding on March 16, 1996. I didn't know whether the champagne would have any fizz left.

Last night, with dear friends, we popped the cork and drank a toast to John, to memories, and to friends.

Wasn't I lucky to have known and loved and been married to such a stellar man?!

No comments: