Thursday, June 26, 2008

My New Philosophy

That title reminds me of the song Sally sings in "You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown." Her philosophy? Basically, "I don't care."

I've mentioned that I'm having some challenges at work, and I'm trying desperately to rise above them.

Zappo's has some great corporate blogs that I read on a regular basis. One that I especially like is Coach, a motivational thought-a-day blog.

One of Coach's recent posts was particularly on point with my current situation. I typed and printed it and it now hangs over my laptop in my cube.

Professionals have one thing in common . . . they can handle adversity in stride.

The True Professional can take anything which comes into her work or personal life, that may distract her from her plans, and quickly go to plan "B" while working on a solution, instead of grinding to a standstill.

It takes a little multi-tasking, but that's what makes the Successful, Successful.


So I say to myself, and to Jill and Fivehusbands and BA and PianoLady and anybody else with seemingly-overwhelming issues right now: Hang in there!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the early early morning pep talk! As I ease into another day of writing and sending out resumes your kind words are greatly appreciated.

Unknown said...

Thanks Jan for your gift of sharing of yourself with others. You continue to inspire me. You hang in there too!