Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Cat Talker

Boston had an "alone night" with Grandma last night. When he woke up this morning and heard Pepper meowing in the hallway, he started meowing back. He has decided he wants to be able to communicate with dogs and cats.

(With great apologies to Tyler and Jaci, who were probably awakened by their son's meowing this morning.)

Pepper walked into my bathroom and starting eating a few nuggets of food I had dropped on the floor for Rudi. Boston started meowing at him. He said, "I'm telling him not to eat off the floor." I assured Boston that it was okay—Pepper was a cat, not a boy, so eating off the floor was okay. Of course when Pepper walked away from the food, Boston called, "Good boy. Good boy."

Then Pepper jumped up on my nightstand and Boston meowed at him again. When Pepper left the nightstand, Boston again praised him. "I was telling him to get off the nightstand," Boston said.

He's so serious, so sincere. He wants to perfect his "communication" (his word, not mine!) with dogs and cats, but thinks dogs will be harder.

Ah, the innocence of youth. I want it back!

No comments: