Thursday, June 26, 2008

Inquiring Minds

Boston has started getting out of bed quickly in the morning to get downstairs so he can spend a little time with me before I start my morning commute.

This morning he asked me what "rhetorical" meant. I asked where he had heard the word, and he replied "On 'Ben Ten: Alien Force'." (It's his favorite TV show, dontcha know.) I explained about rhetorical questions and gave an example. He was satisfied with my answer. Then a few minutes later, he asked what "virtual" meant. I explained first, then asked where he had heard it. He said, "Virtual Hold" (my employer).

I love the way this almost-seven-year-old's brain works!

Kudos to Tyler and Jaci for fostering his inquisitiveness.

1 comment:

Tyler said...

And to you for being available for early-morning tutoring!