Friday, June 13, 2008

Make It Stop!

The money-letting, that is.

My tenants called and e-mailed two days ago to say a storm had hit northwest Tucson and knocked down about half of the large mesquite tree in the backyard.

That information caused the onset of a flurry of phone calls and e-mails to determine if the buyers' agent thought this would be a big deal, how much it was going to cost to remove or remediate the damage, whether I would have to have a new tree planted, and so on. And each phone call and e-mail made me envision more dollar signs.

I now have a little over $23,000 in my savings account and need to come up with a couple thousand more before closing. Boy, wouldn't I love to just take that money and throw it at credit card bills! But I'm unwilling to have a foreclosure on my record for the next seven or so years.

So I smile and look for more money trees to shake.

Basta!
Das genügt!
Stop it!!

No comments: