Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Wait! Let me get you a broom.

Well, I was shocked to receive a phone call on my way home last night. My phone doesn't ring these days. I use it to call my mother every morning and the babies every Sunday. Anyway, Mr. Match called. We chatted for a moment while I was driving and he said he'd call later. I didn't hold my breath. He called later! Asked my schedule for the next week or so, then suggested he come over for a drink after he ran a load of laundry. Oh, and apologized for standing me up a month ago. Yes, he could have made that phone call a month ago, but it is what it is.

He came over, I shook a martini, and it was a wonderful, old-shoe-comfortable evening, as it always is with him. As he left, he said he wants to see more of me.

I'll welcome it if it happens, but I'm not holding my breath.

(Do ya get the broom reference? He sweeps me off my feet!)

2 comments:

TJ said...

Okay, that's kinda weird/funny. K also says "it is what it is."

jc said...

Watch out! I think Ty's first aha moment with Jaci was when she sang "Thank you very much. Thank you very much. That's the nicest thing that anyone's ever done for me." It was so typical of us.