Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Affirmation by One's Peers

Yesterday and today I'm involved in all-day meetings, a "Web Summit" to discuss where we go for the next twelve months with ibm.com/storage.

My buddy Ed and I were responsible for a half-hour presentation on innovations, what we can do new and different to lift us above the web sites of HP and Dell and EMC and Sun. When Ed presented our material yesterday, he talked about content for the Web site. He said our team was lucky to have me on the team. Where other Web teams within IBM have to pull teeth to get content, Ed said "Jan can take anything and make it great."

I was so honored for him to say this. And it makes it all the more interesting that the manager is willing to let me quit rather than let me telecommute (which half the team does on a regular basis).

There's something better ahead. I have to believe that.

No comments: