Thursday, April 26, 2007

Go Figure!

When Mr. Match and I were seriously involved, about the July-September time frame last year, I became pixel pals with his daughter. Jennifer is 25 and pursuing a second bachelor's degree, this time at University of Georgia in Athens. Her first degree is from Univ. of Central Florida - yet another small coincidence in these interconnected lives.

She and I became cyberfriends as we share a lot of interests in common, primarily fabric dyeing. She said to me several times that she and her mom hoped Mr. Match would grow up with the dissolution of his last relationship. Jenn has let her dad know how much she likes me, over all the other women in his life.

She had e-mailed me a couple of weeks ago to let me know she'll be visiting Tucson in mid-May to see her dad and run up to visit the architecture school at ASU. She asked if we could have lunch or coffee or something and I quickly responded in the affirmative. She will bring a friend with her, as Jenn has vision problems and cannot drive. The friend will drive to Tempe for the school visit and for whatever sightseeing they do in Tucson.

When Mr. Match was over the other night, he expressed concern over hosting two grad students in his one-bedroom, one-bath apartment. He's not crazy about sharing his bathroom with anyone. He also said his ex-fiancé had offered to host them, but he was reticent about that and didn't know how comfortable Jenn would be in that situation. So I told him I have a guest room with two twin beds and they would be welcome to stay with me and have their own bath. He expressed interest and I told him I'd make the offer to Jenn. So the next morning I sent a quick Facebook message off to her, and within minutes heard back that they'd love to stay with me.

I just find this all very interesting, all the old concerned-parties who are surfacing.

The other fun, strange thing was what he called me when he was over the other night. He called me "Crewser." He's never done that before. How did he intuit that my closest friends in high school called me Crewser, and three weeks ago at the reunion it resurfaced. I've never told him that!

Odd. My life is odd.

No comments: