Monday, April 23, 2007

Nice Words

Saturday night was the Tucson Chamber Artists' donor reception for which the board has spent the past two months preparing. It went beautifully. We had about 75 guests, plus 16 singers and 8 board members. The weather cooperated, and Darlene Espinosa and I enjoyed watching the shadows on Pusch Ridge as we tended bar.

A lovely lady came up to me after I was introduced and mentioned how she had told Eric (our music director and conductor) that she wanted to meet me after reading the last e-newsletter that I wrote. She had been a writer in New Jersey, and had worked with youth orchestras there. She said my writing was "lyrical" and that she respected all the research I did to pull together the program notes for the newsletter.

She was so very kind and I really appreciated that acknowledgement of my writing ability.

Made my night!

1 comment:

Traveler said...

Yes, it was a lovely evening. Good food, wine and the music was just wonderful. I'm glad Tucson has people like you and the other TCA board members that work so hard to bring culture to this western outpost of civilization.

Traveler