Sunday, March 16, 2008

My Best Grown-up

I have to preface this post by telling you the babies call their mother "Rara" (rhymes with "Mama"). When Boston was learning to talk, "Mama" came out "Rara" and Jaci liked it so much it stuck. Her Arizona personalized license plate even said "IM RARA".

Yesterday I watched a bit of "The Actor's Studio" with Tyler. Last night Ty and Jaci had a date (rare pre-Grandma-residing-in-house; now to become commonplace). I took the babies to McDonald's for dinner and play, then they had a sleepover in Grandma's room.

As we were falling asleep, I decided to use James Lipton's end-of-show quiz with them instead of my normal "what was your favorite part of the day".

I said to Ridley, "What is your favorite word?"

She thought for a moment and then said, "Rara". When I asked her why, she said, "Because Rara is my best [pause while thinking of word -- I expected "friend"] grown-up and I help her brush her hair."

Ah, memories to last a lifetime.

No comments: