Saturday, March 15, 2008

A Foggy Day in Yo-Town

I've seen more fog in the past week than in the past eight years! There's such a sense of quiet and foreboding in all this fog.

Driving through it is not fun for me, especially when the traffic gets heavy and I have to slow down. One morning last week the visibility was about 50 yards in front of the car, and it made for anxious driving.

I'm trying to love the drive, but I'm learning I need to go to bed at 10:00 to be awake enough in the morning for the drive.

I'm getting lots of audio reading down: the latest book is "Born on a Blue Day" by Daniel Tammet. This memoir gives a fascinating look into the life of someone with high-functioning Asperger's.

I wanted this job. I love this company. I need to be with my family in Youngstown. Therefore, I must drive every morning.

In time I'll get used to the drive and find something else to kvetch about.

No comments: