Tuesday, March 25, 2008

A Mother's Right

Does a mother ever stop worrying about her kids?

I don't think I've mentioned that TJ was laid off by Verizon last Thursday. He's been on the job close to ten years.

He doesn't have his college degree, which gets under my skin, but he's smart and has worked his way up from his first PCjr back in 1985 or so to become very knowledgeable in networking.

I'm certain, beyond a reasonable doubt, that he will find a job quickly. But I still think about him every couple of hours or so, and am sorry that he had to go through this kick in the pants.

I'm hopeful that his life will work out as mine continues to: something better is right around the corner.

1 comment:

TJ said...

Thanks, ma!

Right now, what I'd really like is for Blogger to unlock my site! : ) They mention two reasons it could've gotten flagged as a spam blog, and neither one applies. Bastardos.

Anyway, I've put out a bunch of resumes Monday, and a few more yesterday and today. And VZ, it turns out, will be using my 2008 pay for my severance calculations, so that's nice, too.