Monday, February 19, 2007

Update on the Interstate Travelers

Ty, Jaci and the babies arrived in Youngstown on Thursday night after changing their route and timetable multiple times to dodge inclement weather. When I spoke to Tyler on Friday afternoon, they were on their way back to Y'town after dropping the RV off in Cleveland. He said they had not yet been to the new house, as the snow was too deep in the driveway.

I spoke to them again on Sunday and it sounds like they're doing the little things it takes to start unpacking — shopping to stock up on basics and essentials. I can't wait to go up and see the new home and witness how they're making it their own.

I'm thanking for our dear friends, Ron and Marcia Gould, who have been hosting them as necessary. Tyler was the fourth Gould son all during college, and it appears that relationship is continuing. We are blessed to have such wonderful friends in Youngstown.

Boston and Riah both left messages on my phone yesterday. Boston's was filled with "I miss you, Grandma". Oh, how my life has changed in ten days, how empty I feel. I'll be glad when I figure out what and where I want to be when I grow up.

No comments: