Sunday, February 18, 2007

Checking In

The PianoLady just chided me for not checking in for a couple of days. She needs her fix. So here's the account of my weekend.

Friday night I went [alone] to the Pi Beta Phi Beaux & Arrows cocktail party. (If you're not up-to-speed on such things, the Pi Phi badge is an arrow, so we works "arrows" into lots of things.) It was held in a magnificent house in Tucson Country Club. I mentioned to several friends that I am job hunting back east, and they were all shocked and saddened to hear I might leave. When I get that kind of feedback and support from friends, it makes me start to rethink moving.

Saturday I had a haircut and ran some errands, In mid-afternoon I called Frank to just say "I'm thinking of you." (He's got a lot of issues lately with his 16yo son, who has been involved in some drug use and unacceptable behavior. I'm trying to be a supportive friend to Frank, i.e. nonjudgmental listening.) Anyway, when I got ahold of Frank, he asked if I wanted to get dinner later. We went to Firecracker and had drinks and several appetizers, then wandered around La Encantada a little, and then to his house to watch a movie. He is such a sweet guy, and so much fun to be with. This morning he called me at 9:00 and wanted to go for breakfast, so we ran up to Ghini's, then wandered around the farmer's market at St. Philip's, then to an antique fair at Brandi Fenton Park, then to Green Things to look at the plants and the bobcat kittens, then to the JCC for an arts and crafts fair. I basically blew off the entire morning and had a ball.

This afternoon I finished two tote bags for the Art of Music, then met up with Cookie Pashkow to deliver them. Whew - I've been working on those stinking bags for three months - in between sleepovers with the babies.

The funny story re Frank: My timing was perfect. He was running errands with his friend Wendy (he'll accept any excuse to drive his new sports car around town). She had just gotten a call from friends asking her out to dinner. Three minutes later his phone rings and it's me. He grabs the opportunity to in-your-face Wendy by asking me to dinner. Doesn't matter to me - I got a free dinner and a fun evening out of the deal.

Now I'm off to Spa One for a mani and pedi and will post later about the kids' arrival in Youngstown.

No comments: