Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Following Dreams

I'm spending lots of time trying to figure out what comes next in my life. I'm feeling an enormous hole, a void that occurred when Ty and Jaci and the babies drove away from Tucson. I'm having a hard time finding focus.

I apply to jobs in Washington (and hear back that I don't have the requisite time-in-grade to be considered). I've had a preliminary interview in Charlottesville, VA (three weeks ago tomorrow and they still haven't gotten back to me, despite an e-mail and phone call on my part).

Yesterday I was again looking at real estate in Youngstown, astonished by the prices. I find myself thinking, "what's wrong with that house that the price is so low?" (Ty, these are homes on your side of the park!)

I have long had a dream of having an arts learning center where people could learn the skills for pottery, warm glass (slumped and fused), beading, sewing, picture framing, scrapbooking, quilting, maybe lampworking, definitely fabric dyeing, . . . . Does Youngstown have the disposable income that people will spend on arts classes? There's an art museum that holds a few classes — how could I find out how popular those classes are and whether there's room in the area for more. Could I achieve enough income to live? Could I achieve enough part-time income doing tech stuff to then devote the rest of my time to my love of learning and sharing that learning?

Anyway, that's what I'm rather obsessed with these days.

No comments: