Friday, January 19, 2007

Style

I saw Frank for a few minutes last night on my way home from dinner with les bebes. He apologized for the state of his house, saying he had read my comment about ½" of dust. He has nothing to worry about! He cares greatly for his environment and is always doing something to improve it. No one could ever call this man a slug!

The ½"-of-dust man, I reassured Frank, lived in a manner that should have been condemned by the health department. His cat had died ten months before I met him, and he still had the litter box sitting in the dining room. (Yuck!) His living room had cathedral ceilings, and there were many cobwebs hanging from plaster nubs on the walls. There's only one other man I've ever met who could stand to live with such clutter and dust. Neither of them stayed long on my short list.

On another style note, as Boston and Ridley and I were on our way to dinner at Swensen's last night, Boston informed me that he's going to have two wives, Kelsey and Dana. And, of course, because he is going to have two wives, he will have lots of children. I asked him what he was going to name them, and he said he'd have to wait and see.

At some point in the conversation, we were also talking about naming cars, as I had heard a report on the news that x% of Americans, mostly women, have names for their cars and they are mostly female names. Boston said if he were going to name his new big-boy-bike-without-training-wheels, he would name it Fasty because it goes so fast. Riah then piped up and said she would name her big-girl-bike-with-training-wheels Fasty with training wheels. I had to laugh!

Trust me, I'm grabbing every moment I can with these cuties before they leave town headed northeast.

1 comment:

TJ said...

Funny, I was just thinking yesterday about my high school girlfriend, and how she called her car "Bobo."