Saturday, January 20, 2007

Ah, the excitement of new love

I've had numerous conversations with the PianoLady this afternoon as we start planning our October Broadway getaway. We've thought about and nixed Spring Awakening (solidified after Tyler looked at me in horror when I suggested it: "you won't like it") and may do Jersey Boys, although the center orchestra seats are $351.50!!!!! Each!!!!! So I guess we'll have to resign ourselves to mezzanine seats. I really want to see the Company revival as I've been listening to the soundtrack repeatedly since October. But that's only scheduled through June, so now we're talking about celebrating our mutual birthdays (hers 6/2, mine 6/22) with a second annual get-together. JetBlue now offers a red-eye from Tucson direct to JFK for a reasonable fare, and as much as I despise red-eyes, I may have to try that.

I had Boston talk to her for a moment during one conversation so he could explain a new toy he just got at Mrs. Tiggy-Winkles and why he was laughing so hard. The PianoLady teaches music to preschool and kindergarten kids, so she knows this age well.

She told me about a recent school day. When she arrived, the teacher told her one of the boys, as soon as he saw her walk into the building, started running around the room shouting, "She's here. She's here. Now we can have fun."

Her statement to me: "if only my husband would react that way when I walk through the door."

I had to laugh. BTW, she has a wonderful husband who fully supports our getaway weekends and respects our friendship of 37 years.

PianoLady's real name, if you remember, is Cheryl. In college, we called her Sherry. As my boys were growing up, every time I spoke of her, they started singing the Four Seasons' "Sherry Baby". I'm sitting here as I write this listening to snippets of the Jersey Boys soundtrack and they're singing "Sherry Baby". Now Boston and Riah are dancing around me room singing "Sherry Baby". Oh My Gosh, does that take me back!

No comments: